Sunday, May 17, 2009

My journey in pictures

Dr. Elliot, my surgeon, has informational seminars for patients who are thinking about having WLS. It's a fairly standard practice, and that's what anyone who is interested in having it has to do as a first step. We recently got an email from the guy who leads our support group saying that they were looking for post-op patients who would be willing to come and speak at the seminars just to share their story. I told them that I would be happy to (because you know how much I like to talk about my surgery!). I didn't think they would really ask me, though, because 1. I say everything I think and it's not always the "right thing" and 2. I had gastric bypass and most of Dr. E's patients have Lap-Band. Well, I got a call on Friday asking me to come speak at the seminar on Monday. I'm a little nervous about it. Anyway, that leads me to...

I've been taking pictures of my weight loss all along and saving them on the computer. I kept meaning to put them together in an album but hadn't gotten around to it. So this was my motivation to get it done. That was today's project, and it was fun. I put my pictures in an album with little notes saying the date and how much weight I'd loss. Now, for those of you who don't see me regularly, here is the digital version:

August 3, 2007
1 year pre-op


March 28, 2008
294 lbs.
My "before" picture


July 1, 2008
Day before surgery
-27 lbs.


August 12, 2008
-59 lbs.



Sept. 2, 2008
-71 lbs.


Oct. 9, 2008
-89 lbs.


Nov. 2008
Celebrating 100 lbs. lost!


Nov. 15, 2008
-104 lbs.



Dec. 27, 2008
-110 lbs.




Jan. 7, 2009
-121 lbs.




Jan. 31, 2009
Costume party!
(not something I would have done pre-op!)




March 5, 2009
-134 lbs.


March 28, 2009
My first race!
10k (6.2 miles) in 70 minutes



Current pic. - early May 2009
-140 lbs.



Thanks for indulging me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great! So good seeing you yesterday.

Jen said...

You look great and I am so proud of you for doing this !

Mary said...

wow sarah! as a dietitian who counsels WLS surgery patients, I have to say I am so proud of you! As someone who has battled weight my whole life, I have to really say I'm proud of you!!

Laura: One Day At A Time said...

thanks for being so open about all the hard work, its really inspiring to see what you've done. you're awesome!