Thursday, June 4, 2009

Right now.

Just in case you ever wondered what I was doing on June 4, 2009 at 11:12 a.m., here's the answer.

I'm bored.

Beyond bored.

So bored that I french braided my hair. (When was the last time I french braided my hair because I was bored? 8th grade?)

It's the 13th school day that I've spent helping with testing, and I am 2 1/2 hours in to what is on pace to be a 3 1/2 hour testing session. I just have to sit here - completely silently, without even any music - while this child finishes his test. The other 3 kids in my group finished about an hour and 45 minutes ago.

This poor child - I do feel for him. This is a lot of stress to put on a small child. But I might start nibbling on m fingers soon just for fun. I am working on progress reports for my kids, but a girl can only stare at the computer for so long. This is why I became a teacher and not some kind of office job!

No comments: