Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A challenge and some wows :)

I think I've mentioned before that one of my favorite bloggers is Jon over at Stuff Christians Like. I read it religiously every day (yes, pun intended there. haha) To get a sense of why I love it so much, check out his post on people borrowing his pen in church. But occasionally he posts on more serious topics and today he posted about God being enough. This is such a challenge for me. Sure, God would be enough for me if I had a husband, a couple of kids, and a house. And I was thin and had my life together. But is he enough for me, single and living in this little apartment? Obviously, the answer is yes and more. He's more than enough. The question is really if I can see that and have peace with it. It's something I struggle with every day. Every day. I keep praying that the truth of God's enoughness will move from my head to my heart. (yep, enoughness is a real word. I am a master of reading. If I say it's a word, it is)

Today I "ran" 4 miles. There were a few very brief periods where I let myself walk a few feet - I've been sick lately so I cut myself a little slack :) - but I realized that I have moved from walking with periods of jogging to jogging with periods of running. It amazes me every time. I know I post and talk about how far I'm "running" often. That's because I can't get over what an amazing change it is. Literally I feel myself itching to go "running" sometimes. Which is strange, because I'm not very good at it :) And I'm nowhere near a real runner. But compared to 6 months ago when I could only run a few steps? Exciting stuff.

I have started my Christmas shopping, and yesterday I went to this children's store to buy some presents for my favorite babies. I haven't signed the back of my credit card (don't get me started) so she asked for ID. I gave her my license and she really didn't believe that my picture was me. I was truly afraid that she wasn't going to take my card. I explained about the weight loss. (I did not explain about the fact that I'd been sick so I looked gross, my hair was straggly, and I was wearing my glasses) I don't think she believed me, but she took it.

Oh, what's that you say? You forgot who my favorite babies are that I was buying presents for? Well, that is awfully important to this story. Let me show you a picture.

I know. They rock. So do you, dear blog readers. So do you.

No comments: