Monday, February 23, 2009

Ready for a break

Hello. Am alive.

(I just read a book narrated by 4 characters with 4 different voices. One spoke like that - with no subjects in her sentences. It was weird. Also, eventually the 4 characters interacted and when she was narrating, they all spoke like that. But when someone else was narrating, they spoke normally. Not sure what this literary technique is called. Also not sure I like it.)

February has been a crazy busy month for me. The last week has arrived with blessedly little to do on the calendar, and I'm really looking forward to a low key week/weekend. I like being busy and have enjoyed most of the business of the past month or so. And I won't be upset if things come up this week. But still. Some down time is always nice.

I keep thinking that I need to be posting - I really want to have a record of my whole WLS journey. I just don't think that I really have anything to say. Things are just moving along.... I'm down about 130 pounds currently. I did buy a pair of size 12 jeans at Wal Mart the other day. They are probably the only pair of size 12s in the world that fit me, but still...there's one. I'm torn between being excited about this and desperate to hit a single digit size. Crazy, I know. I don't know which is more amazing - the fact that I ran 5 miles today or the fact that I no longer find that blogworthy.

Bad eating habits are starting to creep back in - grazing, "needing" something sweet because I'm so grumpy, etc. Not as bad as they were before, but they are things that I need to address NOW. It's hard for me because even with that, the weight is still coming off. It's hard to remember that won't always be the case. So that's my current struggle.

I promise I'll work on thinking of something interesting to say before I post again....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was it a Marian Keyes book that you just read? Because I just read one with a narrator that talked like that.