Wednesday, January 7, 2009

6 month follow-up

It's hard to believe it's been 6 months since my surgery! But it has, so I went in to see Dr. Elliot today. I had my blood work done for the first time as well. Dr. E. said everything looked good - all of my vitamins and such were looking good. Apparently my albumen (?) which measures protein was good but my pre-albumen (?) was just a little low, so he said I could try to get a little more protein in. He said it would be ok if I did a shake for breakfast every other day or so, since that's the time when protein is the hardest for me. Overall, he was pleased and said everything was going well.

So my total weight loss is now at 120 pounds. I have about 40 pounds left to go, although Dr. Elliot says I've lost enough to consider the surgery a success and get the health benefits of it. He says I could possibly go as low as losing another 55 pounds, but I've set my goal at just low enough to get my BMI to say a normal weight. That's hard to imagine :) To see how my life is different now, you can click here. I'm not going to rehash all of that stuff, although I'm sure there is more that I could add :) But because I'm crazy - really because I always like to see other people's - I'm posting some of my "along the way" shots in honor of my "surgiversary" was the WLS community calls it :)

Well, Blogger isn't liking uploading my pictures for some reason, so if I have another brave moment I'll try again another time!

P.S. - Carolina has a chance to redeem themselves tonight against the College of Charleston. It doesn't start until 9 and it's not on tv here. I'm REALLY REALLY tired, so I probably won't make it up for the game which is, in and of itself, rather shocking. But GO HEELS!

No comments: