Sunday, April 20, 2008

My weekend with Abby

I got to spend the weekend with the sweetest niece in the world this weekend. Mom has off next week, so Abby is staying with her to give Kay some time off. So Mom and I drove down to Charlotte and picked her up Sat. morning.

Abby is 15 months old now and TOO cute for words. She has all these sweet curls and big blue eyes. And she's so much fun...she runs around everywhere. Mom says she has two speeds - fast forward and asleep. It's completely true. She's starting to say a few words - "bird", "dog", "baby" but she randomly applies whichever word she's saying at the time to everything she sees :) She does call Kay Mama, say "uh-oh" when she drops something, and yells "Yay!" when she's happy.

We took her to a playground where she got to do three of her favorite things - climb, go up and down ramps (the child loves ramps), and slide. She can do the slide completely by herself - climb up, go over, sit down and slide, get down, and go back and start over. More proof that she's gifted! (At least to this proud aunt) Today we took her swimming, which was so fun. She likes to walk up and down the ramp into the water (shocker), but is not such a huge fan of her face going under the water.

And she's having a baby brother in September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have I mentioned lately that I love that baby? She's a little shy when she first sees new people, but she recognizes my parents and me right away when she sees us. I'm going to go see her a lot after surgery so she still recognizes me as I get skinny :)

No comments: