Monday, October 27, 2008

Back from a happy weekend :)

I haven't posted for a few days because I've been off hanging with some of my favorite people in the world - my parents, my sister, and these cuties:


If you haven't checked out my sister's blog yet, you should. Because she's awesome.

I never remember to bring a book home to Lynchburg so I always end up picking up some book I've read before to re-read. I always have to have a book to read when I go to bed - I don't when I'm at home, but when I'm at my parent's I do. I know, it's odd. But so am I. So this weekend I picked up Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness. I have read that book so many times and it gives me chills every time. I'm usually not into science-fictiony kind of things, but I LOVE this book. It always makes me feel like I should be praying all the time. It's one of those books that's stuck with me over time, and it comes to mind often to remind me to "pray without ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Still working on this going to bed early thing...not happening so much tonight.

OH! Thanks to Beth and Laura for letting me know what was wrong with my laundry. I feel better knowing that other people have had it happen. A little dumber for not being able to figure it out on my own ;), but hey - I'll know what to do next time, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! I love Frank Peretti. Have you read any others by him?

KayB said...

Did you take any more pictures? Mom and I are looking for a good one of Brian to send with his announcement. So, post some pics on Picasa ;)

I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Honest to goodness - your niece and nephew are THE cutest EVER. :)