Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The joys of teaching elementary school...

Today I went to school looking like this:


Yeah. It was Wacky Hair Wednesday! I love Spirit Week. I totally forgot Mismatch Monday, even though I had an awesome outfit. But yesterday was team Tuesday and I did it right - unfortunately, I don't have any UNC pants so I wore some white cropped pants (thanks, K-K!) with UNC socks and shiny Carolina blue clogs, which is a nice look. I also had on a UNC t-shirt, jacket, earrings, hair ribbon, and hair clips. Oh, and my lanyard that I carry my ID and key on is UNC. And I carried a UNC mug. It rocked. Tomorrow is Thinking Cap Thursday (hat day - not so exciting, but I'll bust out a UNC hat), and then is Flannel Friday - pajama day.

This afternoon as I'm walking down the hall I see one of my third graders swinging her arms wildly back and forth above her head. I asked her why she was swinging her arms and she answered:
"I don't got no underwear"
Hmmmm. I decided it was best to leave that one alone.

This afternoon I went for a "run", not realizing that it is HOT AS ANYTHING out there. I mean, really hot. I got so hot I got chills. I literally had goosebumps all up and down my arms. But I did 4 miles. Which is 5 laps around my trail. The first 4 laps I did more "running" than walking - a good bit more, actually - but the last lap I just walked. I considered it my cool down lap. It took me about 50-55 minutes. Something miraculous has happened since I've started working out more - the trail has gotten shorter. I'm pretty sure it has. It used to be all I could do to do 2 laps - and it took me my full 40 minute workout. So the trail must be getting shorter!

Ok, I'm taking a survey here. This is something that I've been thinking about a lot lately. I know, it's whacked out and strange but these are the things that go through my head. And this is my blog, where I write things that go through my head. I'm down about 90 pounds right now (since March when I started boot camp), which means naturally I'm thinking about hitting that 100-pound loss mark. My goal is to hit it before my family reunion Nov. 7. Of course, I've been stuck at the same weight for almost a week now, so I may never get there and this may be a moo point. (you know - a moo point. It's like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter.) (Thanks, Joey!) Back to my question - when I hit 100 pounds lost, do I post that information in my Facebook status? Because it's exciting. But do I want to admit that I had 100 pounds to lose - and I'm still fat? Of course, people knew because - well, they could see me. Still. I know, this is one of those major dilemmas that world leaders lose sleep over.

I best go get in the shower b/c I smell BAD and I am going to teach Kid's Club at church tonight. Call me sometime!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

definitely post it. Be proud! You've worked hard!

Anonymous said...

Nice hairdo. You look great! Congrats on your weightloss. You are very inspiring. Early congrats on your team's likely win this weekend over UVA).

Laura: One Day At A Time said...

YES! If you want to post it, then DO! I mean, who really cares what those "fringe" people you are friends with on Facebook think? They're not really your "real" friends anyway! ;) And everyone who is, wants to be proud with you. :) I posted about your Nuggets of Wisdom tonight! You've done awesome in working toward your goals, it's been very inspiring to me. <3 you.

Joy said...

post it baby! I'll be there leaving a supportive comment! (just give me a head's up b/c sometimes I miss these things :)

I walked 4 miles yesterday and, what, jogged for 30 seconds until the hill beat me down. So you are ahead of me there. Too many hills in my neighborhood. Can't wait to get the treadmill from my parents!

I'm so proud of you and I know you are proud of yourself. The WLS is not an easy thing--physically or emotionally. Keep it up, cutie!

P.S. nice hair--I'm amazed at your ability to get those nice straight parts. I can't even do two pony tails. sheesh.