Sunday, November 16, 2008

What 100 pounds looks like - Sarah style

I've been in one of those vicious cycles where I keep thinking of things to write about, then I don't, so I feel like there is more that I have to write about so the task becomes overwhelming so I don't do it, and then there is more stuff to write about so it's more overwhelming... know what I mean?

Anyway, I've realized that it's just a blog. About nothing but me. So I can relax a bit. Speaking of the "about nothing but me" part - I feel like I owe you (the great collective "you" that is out there reading this) an apology/explanation: This blog is completely, totally self-centered. That feels very self-absorbed of me. But I really only started it as away for me to have like a journal of my experiences after WLS. Of course, now I write about other things in my life as well. And I'm glad that so many of my friends read it :) But that's why it's only ever about me. Sorry about that.

I can't believe I'm doing this on this very public internet, but here it is. My "before" picture (I could have at least fixed myself up a little don't you think?) and my "I've lost 100 pounds" picture. I've been taking pictures all along (definitely something I would encourage you to do, by the way, if you are considering or have had the surgery) (or are losing weight another way), but always considered them very private. But for some reason I'm feeling brave enough to show them to you tonight. So here they are:


Can you tell which is the before and which is the after? ;) (I'm kidding, of course. Even I can see the difference there). I've been doing these with the self-timer on my camera and they haven't been coming out great. My friend Laura took the most recent one last night, though, and I think I'm going to get her to do them all from now on because I'm pretty sure I look skinnier in that picture than I do in real life :)

The greatest time of the year is upon us, people. That's right - CAROLINA BASKETBALL SEASON HAS STARTED!!!!!!!! My Heels opened up their season with a 15-point win over Penn yesterday which I, much to my everlasting consternation, did not get to see. I realize that a 15-point win over Penn is not very impressive. Especially for a team that is ranked unanimously #1 by everyone who does these things and is bombarded by talk of the "undefeated season". (I hate that talk, by the way. Absolutely, positively, hate it. I'm going on record right now as saying that I won't be completely devastated if we lose an early season game - before conference play starts of course - just to shut that up. ) But our injury list reads like a top-1o team all on its own. Hopefully we should get most of our major players back soon. Next up - Kentucky on Tuesday night in a game I actually get to see!!!! Kentucky is obviously a pretty major game. Don't let the fact that they lost to VMI at home fool you. Even though that's horrifyingly embarrassing, this is Kentucky. Luckily they will have my excellent from-home coaching to help guide them through.

I had a fun weekend celebrating my BFF's 30th. Happy Birthday Julie!!!!!

Her dad told me this weekend that I seemed different. I pointed out that I had lost 100 pounds :) He said no, my personality seemed different. He thought that I had become more confident and extroverted without so much extra weight. I don't know if he's right, but I've been thinking about it. I did just post a pretty embarrassing picture here...

What I really, really wanted to post was the video I made of my super-awesome kids at our dance party on Friday. Those kids are hysterical. But I've tried all weekend and can't get the video to upload. I did get it uploaded to my Facebook page, though, so click here to see it.

Ok, I have been lazying away my Sunday afternoon (which is what they are good for) but since I don't have any lesson plans done for this week I guess I better get on that!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME! Yay, yay, yay Speedy!

gingerhillery@mac.com said...

Hi! I haven't officially met you yet, but I am Laura Murphy's friend, Ginger Hillery, who lives on the farm. I have been semi-following your blog, and am SOOOO happy you posted the pictures. I am so proud of you!!!! Way to go for allowing yourself to be brave. On many levels. Anytime you want, come on out to the farm.

Joy said...

You look fantastic...and it is amazing to see the before/current photos--it really does help you see your progress and not get Debby Downer as you were on your last post. ;)

You look great and I think I see the skinny girl busting out in places! I'm so thrilled for you Sarah...and I think it's great you posted your photos...

Hugs,
Joy

Vicki said...

Oh my God Sarah! You don't look like "yourself" anymore. Seriously, if I randomly passed you on the street - I don't know that I would recognize you. Are you feeling like it was worth it now?

KayB said...

Actually, I think you still look like my sister. Still awesome. ;)

I am really proud of how brave you are!! Way to post pictures Sarah!!!!

Hallie Holland said...

I have to just join in all of the encouragement and say, "Good for you, Sarah!" You look fabulous!

Jen said...

You look great. Keep up the good work =)

Diminishing Dawn said...

You look WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You take my breath away girlee :)

Dawn

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!

Laura: One Day At A Time said...

sarah, you do look beautiful, and best of all you've done this for yourself and done an amazing job of it! i know you feel great. :) and if it means i get to see you more often, i will come take your picture every time. i love you!!!

Anonymous said...

You loss is so striking! You look SO BEAUTIFUL! Congrats girl!