Sunday, March 16, 2008

ACC Champions!!!!!!



So my Tarheels did what was expected of them this weekend - they won the ACC tournament and got the overall #1 seed (and the #1 seed in the East) in the NCAA tournament. Aren't they great? The next 3 weeks are going to be killer for me....

The 'Heels had to overcome some pretty major nonsense to become champions - and there were some close games. They turned the ball over like it was their job and in the championship game I think I could have hit more free throws than they did. But the biggest thing was the officiating. With the exception of the first half of the championship game, it was some of the worst I've seen. They were letting my boys get beat up and then calling phantom fouls on them! I understand that when a team is as dominant as UNC has been :), there is some natural antagonism and a desire to "even things out" or "bring them down" a little bit. That, however, is NOT THE REF'S PLACE. So suck it up and call the game like you're supposed to, guys!

Dook didn't even make it to the championship game - they lost on Saturday to Clemson (who UNC beat 3 times this year). So sad. NOT.

I am very sad to note that Va. Tech was left out of the NCAA tournament. Couldn't care less about Maryland, though. And I will be cheering hard for Belmont in the first round!

No comments: