Saturday, March 8, 2008

UNC 76, puke 68!!!!

Once again, we have spoiled Senior Night in Durham!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we did it without Tyler Hansborough taking a single free throw. Amazing. Ty Lawson was back in fighting form, and Danny Green came through again.

This means that we have wrapped up the regular-season ACC Championship and probably the #1 seed in the East for the NCAA tournament! We will finish the season at #1 in the polls which makes sense since we are, obviously, the best. (That might not be quite right. They might do another poll a week from Monday, in which case we would probably have to win the ACC tournament to stay #1. But since I have complete confidence in our ability to do just that, I'll stand by my statement)

Some notes from the night - I really, really, really, really can't stand Dookie V (Dick Vitale, for those of you uninitiated) I have to just turn the sound off so I can't hear him cheering for dook.

And, something I thought I would never, ever say....they profiled a Cameron Crazy from a few years back and I liked him. I'm embarrassed to admit this. They called him "Speedo Guy" and he jumped up out of the crowd wearing nothing but a Speedo and did the funniest dance. And now he's a preacher with this cute little blonde wife (she was in the segment, too - she was dating his brother at the time) And it made me laugh I couldn't help it. But, naturally, just when I thought they had done something actually funny Coach K told them it was unacceptable and not to do it again. That man really just does not have any redeeming qualities that I can find. I'll keep looking, though. Ok, that's not quite true. I'll keep trying to want to look. That's all I can do.

Here was my favorite non-basketball moment of the night: dookie V is raving about DeMarcus Nelson, Duke's senior star (since it was Senior Night) and showing his mom and going on and on about what a great job she did raising him and what a great kid he was. While he's talking, the camera is close up on Nelson's face, and he clearly says f#@%. The very next shot is of some guy trying to be "Speedo Guy" but he's not nearly as good and he flicks off the camera, for which the ESPN announcers have to apologize. Yep, dook sure is a classy place.

No comments: