Tuesday, March 18, 2008

OW!

So today (after a parent made me madder than mad - I was so mad I almost cried. I don't know how we are going to co-exist the rest of the year) I had my first personal training session as part of my pre-op "Boot Camp" Brain, my PT, is very nice and has started me out pretty easy - just 3 30-minute workouts for the first week. My heart rate monitor wasn't in yet but I should be able to pick it up tomorrow when I go back (AGAIN), this time to meet with the "Life Coach". It will have all of my supposed-to-do exercise programmed into it and if I meet my goal I get a little trophy on the watch ;) But we did a few minutes on the treadmill today and then some weights and I am already hurtin'. I can only imagine how I'll feel tomorrow....

Last night was St. Patrick's and I actually went out. I think that was my first ever St. Patty's outing. I went with da Palmas to a restaurant that had a big tent set up out back with beer n bands. We hung out there a while until our table was ready and then had dinner. Some other people joined us, too. It was fun! Plus, I ran into a guy who attends the same Sunday School class as I do which was my first official seeing-someone-I-know-that-I-wasn't-planning-on-meeting-there-in-public incident in Richmond! So I'm starting to feel like a real Richmonder!

No comments: