Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I hate my job!

Today at school (where I can't post because every good site is blocked), this is how I felt:

There are no words that can accurately capture the feeling of telling a child 10 times to turn the ruler around, only to have them unable to do it; asking a child to do something simple like “Go find a piece of tape you want to measure” and having them begin playing with their friends; asking a room full or children to clean up and having them totally ignore you; telling kids over and over and over and over and over again not to touch each other only to have them hit and push as soon as you finish talking or telling them to be quiet only to have them immediately start talking again. And when this is your day, constantly, all day, the kids are every single minute either asking you what you’re about to say or what you’ve just said, or tattling on someone else, or flat out running around doing whatever they darn well please.

I can’t even begin to explain how this class makes me feel. I want to cry every single day. I am completely at the end of my rope. They win. I quit.

No comments: