Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy Cuatro de Mayo! (with a C)

I've been thinking that I really shouldn't ONLY post on here when I'm feeling grumpy, which it seems I'm wont to do... I had a great time tonight with my Richmond gang celebrating Cuatro de Mayo in our own special way (yes, we're too old to go out on Monday night for Cinco de Mayo so we had to make up a similar holiday) Here is a sample of the good times that were had:

I think this would also be a good time to post this old-school picture of two guys that my good friend Julie dated in high school:

By the way, the top picture is of Julie's husband. I'm going to let you draw your own conclusions.

I'm ready to give the Nutripoints system a try starting tomorrow. It really wouldn't be fair of me to criticize it so much without giving it a try. So hopefully I will start to see some positive results - and, after all, I am committed to some major lifestyle changes here.

I think I've realized the piece that's been missing in my WLS journey - God. How can I do this without him? That's big *duh* that's been smacking me in the face these past couple of days. So I'm really going to work on seeking His guidance and leaning on Him for making this work. But without an action plan, I'm sunk. So I'm going to find a good book of devotions (simple ones, because that's as much as I can handle :) Max Lucado is a personal favorite) and here's my plan: Read it in the morning at breakfast. *Note - this will involve beginning to eat breakfast! I may have to substitute "read while watching the weather in the morning* Try and think about it during the day to reflect on it. Then at dinnertime, re-read it and think of it in terms of my day. I've always imagined that someday when I was married and had children that we would read a bible story or do some sort of devotion every night after dinner. What made me think I had to wait until I had a family? That's silly. So there's my new resolution. I'm writing it down to make it real :) I'll let you know how it goes...

One more thought - I missed church today to go to a surprise birthday brunch for a good friend in Charlottesville. I happened to catch a great sermon on the radio on "The Five Prayers You Should Pray Every Day" and I wrote them down as I was driving. Here they are:
  1. Slay me. (Get rid of the old self, the sinful nature that controlled me before I accepted Christ)
  2. Cleanse me. (Take out all of those old sins)
  3. Fill me. (with your love, peace, and guidance)
  4. Guide me.
  5. Use me.

No comments: