Thursday, May 29, 2008

My job in a nutshell

Me to kindergartener: "Sweetheart, I love it when you give me hugs. But sometimes you need to listen to my directions instead of hugging me."

Kindergartener thinks about it for a minute and replies "You have blue eyes"

Picture me banging my head on a brick wall here........



This is a conversation from the other K teacher's class

(We have been reviewing for end of year tests, including the difference in things that are in the past and things that are in the present. The kids have just been watching Pippi Longstocking)

Someone else's kindergarteners: "We were talking and we decided that movie took place in the past because.... (insert something I can't remember here). Also, teachers in the past were ugly and mean. And the kindergarten teachers at our school are beautiful and nice"

Does this seem fair to you?

No comments: