Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sgt. Bryan strikes again!

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I worked out with Bryan yesterday and I am sooooooooo sore today. My abs, butt and thighs are mucho painful. I don't know if it's because I didn't go last week due to being sick, or just because of something extra we did. He said he almost made me do 3 sets of lunges. If we had done that, I don't know that I would have been able to walk today :)

Didn't do as good a job today with the Nutripoints system, but I'm determined that tomorrow will be a better day. It was still better than a day before I was on it, so that's something I suppose.

(Just needed to insert a reminder here that Abby is SO FREAKIN' CUTE! I just happened to glance up at her pictures on my spinning cube above my desk. I don't have as many pics of her here in my bedroom. Out in my living room, it's a different story. My friend Lave walked in one day and said "Speed. It looks like your sister's kid exploded in here." It's true, but she's just so amazing! If you want to see a picture of her, let me know. I'll email you some!)

I had a heard time searching for God's purpose in my children's behavior today. I got an extra half hour of lunch time because of teacher appreciation week, and when I got back the mom who was covering my class went "Oh my God. I could never do this again!" My children were clearly showing their colors for her... I also had to make the dreaded "I've put your child up for child study" call today. Despite the fact that it's tedious and much-legislated, which is hardly ever a good thing, I truly think of child study as a positive process - and a great resource for me and the child. But it's a scary and intimidating thing for a parent to hear and to go through. I try to "be there" for the parents as much as I can, since I'm the one that they know, but nothing can really make hearing that your child is having trouble in school easier. Definitely not a part of my job that I'll miss next year!

So, well there's Sarah's day in a nutshell. Here's the most exciting news I've had in a long time - I have four days on my calendar with nothing written on them! I'm sure that I will find things to do - actually, I hope I will - but wow. It is exciting. Next week, though, is going to be killer. Not much I can do but keep taking it one day at a time. And let God lead me through it.

Not my will, but Thine be done, Lord

No comments: