Monday, May 5, 2008

Nutripoints Day 1

First off, I think it only fair to mention that while I did mock Julie's choice of men in the previous post, I should point out that I love Jeff (her husband) and think that she did an excellent job in choosing him. That being said - he did sit in a sandbox with a giant sombrero and a margarita.

So Nutripoints was not bad at all today - it was actually one of those days when I would have rather not eaten at all. Cooking is such a pain. No wonder I ate at drive-throughs so often. When you go all day and get home at 8, who wants to cook? But I took a sandwich, an OJ, and some broccoli for lunch today. The goal is to get in 6 servings of veggies, 4 of fruits, 3 of grains, 4 of legumes and/or meats, and 2 of milk/dairy in a day. I end up drinking most of my fruits and veggies which is fine. There is also a point assigned to each food - the higher the points, the better the food is for you (more nutrition per calorie). You are also supposed to hit a certain number of points per day, but right now my goal is to get in all the right servings, while eating only foods with a positive point value. Now potatoes in several forms - including frozen french fries - are on my approved veggie list, but I am trying to get no more than 2 of my veggie servings from potatoes. I know that my "points" are nowhere near where they're supposed to be because I'm mainly eating from the low end of the spectrum - I probably get 50 points a day where you're supposed to get 150. But it's a big change for me anyway. I'll keep working on it.

I didn't go out and buy a devotional book today. When I posted the link to Max Lucado's website, I discovered what a great site it was, including a short daily devotional on the main page. Since money is tight right now, I'm going to use those. It was great to have a specific God-centered thought to think on throughout the day today. Today's devotional was about how God the shepherd searches for each one of us and doesn't give up, no matter how many other Christians there are. There are a ton of other free things to read on there as well. I was too overwhelmed to read much of it.

Tomorrow it's back to see Sgt. Bryan for my workout and meeting with Sue the Life Coach. I was so bad last week (although I legitimately was sick and missed my apt. with Bryan), I'm embarrassed to go back, but I will. It's not going to get any easier!

It's teacher appreciation week this week, so go appreciate some teachers!!!!!

No comments: