Monday, September 15, 2008

Be glad you can't see me right now...

I'm really sweaty and gross. Really gross. I took a picture to show you, then vetoed it as un-bloggable.

I always think that's a great way to start off a post, don't you? More people should do that. Maybe I should lead a blog school.

Anyway, I just got back from using the trail around my apt. complex. And I'm proud to say that I did a jog/walk combo for most of it. I'm not going to say I jogged half of it, but I did do a significant portion which is fairly amazing for me. I literally used to run like 3 steps and feel like I was going to die. If you have never been really fat, you may think that is an exaggeration, but it isn't. I did about 3 miles in 40 minutes, which for those of you keeping track (i.e., me) is an average of about 4.5 miles an hour. When I started out, I was doing about 3 mph. So that's exciting. And encouraging for me because I'm going through a "I can't see the weight loss" phase right now that's pretty discouraging. But I am definitely seeing an improvement in my exercising, which is good motivation for me to keep doing it.

I've been hungry today, which is strange. It's hard for me to know if it's real hunger or just a habit of being hungry in the afternoon after school. Sometimes I don't feel like I eat enough - it almost seems like the weight comes off better when I eat a little more. But most of the time I feel like I eat as much as an average person does. I probably don't, but it seems like it. There was a girl at my school last year who had this surgery (she's not there anymore), and everyone keeps explaining to me how little she ate. Which makes me feel like they think I'm eating more than that and I shouldn't be. Whatever. I'm working on keeping a food journal to take to the doc and the nut this month, so we'll see what they have to say.

On a happier note - baby Brian is AWESOME. He's so incredibly tiny!!!! You forget how little they are when they're first born. I would be carrying Abby and then I would go to pick up Brian and I would almost throw him b/c I wasn't expecting him to be so light :) He's just as sweet as he can be. I mean, basically he sleeps all the time and only wakes up to eat (what a life). Abby's doing pretty well so far with him - she doesn't pay a lot of attention to him. Of course, there have been plenty of people around to pay attention to her so far. I'm anxious to see how she does when her dad goes back to work and it's just her, her mom, and the baby. But she's pretty exceptional, so she'll probably do well.

I had a lot of deep thoughts during the 13 hours I was in the car this weekend, but I'm too tired to post them now. I'll share them with you another day. Time to drag my nasty 'ole self to store...

Kid quote for the day (a new feature of this blog, brought to you by the letter Q)
I had just finished listening a child read a passage about a slave who won her freedom and was asking the comprehension questions. I asked how she showed courage, and he answered:
"She fought the power"

2 comments:

Joy said...

proud of you...

ya know, they say that eating when dieting tricks the body into thinking you aren't starving it...so there could be something to your "losing weight while still eating" theory. love it.

i just got out and went for a run/walk today. I guess I was out for about an hour...definitely over 3 miles but need to go to google maps to calculate for sure.

Keep it up...love ya, Joy

Anonymous said...

love the kid quote! they say the darndest things, right? Abby told Rick she didn't have time to talk to him today. HA! We'll hear that again when she is a teenager.