Monday, September 1, 2008

Football season and school begin!

Ok, let's start off with this awesome story.

So college football season kicked off this weekend in a less than spectacular fashion. At least for those of us who follow the ACC. (Carolina won - yay!- but let's not even discuss the Hokie meltdown) So UNC planned an exciting opening to the game - a parachutist was going to land in Kenan Stadium and deliver the game ball. Here is Kenan Stadium:


Apparently there was a storm of some sort and the pilot got confused and the parachutist landed in Duke's stadium. Where they were warming up for their game against my alma mater, JMU. And not expecting someone to fly in from the air. This is Duke's stadium.

So you can see how they made the mistake. Or not.

I had a great long weekend in Lynchburg with sweet Abby. My parents (BeBe and Bullet) and I got to keep her without those stick-in-the-mud parents in the way ;) My nephew will be here sometime next week and I can't WAIT to meet him!

Tomorrow the kids come back to school and I'm completely terrified. I have some idea of what to do with this week. We'll see how it goes. This job really feels like a grown-up, responsible job and I'm not so sure that I fit that bill :)

I'm going to leave you with this deep thought, provided this weekend by my grandfather. He was expressing opinions about the VP picks (I do NOT discuss politics), and he said this,
"Well, you know, we have a pretty great system of government. One man can't make that much of a difference. So it doesn't matter too much who gets elected. If you have a dictator, however, then you've got to be careful about who it is."

1 comment:

Jen said...

It does matter who gets elected!!Sorry I disagree with your grandpa. This type of thinking is why Christians don't get out and vote.