Thursday, July 10, 2008

Burn Notice!




Season 2 of Burn Notice finally premiered tonight. Yay! I'm telling you - if you don't watch USA shows (Monk, Psych, In Plain Sight (although I'm not totally sold on this one yet), as well as Burn Notice), you are missing out. Plus, they show Law & Order: CI, which is the best L&O, and House. Such a great channel. If you agree, please email my friend Julie. She has yet to be convinced :) I watch a lot of TV just because I'm here by myself a lot. I've considered getting rid of cable, but just don't think I could do it. I mean, what would I do during basketball season? It wouldn't take me long to get kicked out of all the sports bars around here if Carolina didn't do so well..... yeah, I know. Like that would happen. It was a joke. Anyway, when other people are around I can give or take TV. So sometimes I wonder if I have my own family if I'll still watch it. But it doesn't like keep me up nights or anything.

I'm still just sort of plugging along on this liquids thing, which is making me nutso! I went to the mall with my friend Katie and her son Zack today to get out, which was fun. We were gone for about an hour and I was totally wiped out when we were done. I came home and took an hour-long nap. It's frustrating not to be able to do as much as I did pre-surgery - I'm not exactly known for my patience :)

I had oatmeal again for dinner tonight. I only cooked half at a time, so it was still hot which made it better. But I "scarfed" the whole bowl in half an hour, which was apparently too much. I can really tell if I eat too fast - it hurts, and it seems like I can actually feel the food backing up into my throat (or esophagus or whatever is in there).

Here's my new favorite thing to do - read other people's blogs. I've found a lot through Facebook (totally addicted to Facebook, by the way). If you have a blog I don't know about, please tell me.

Finally, a verse for today that I desperately need to remember:
"...we take every thought captive so that it is obedient to Christ"
2 Corinthians 10:5

No comments: