Wednesday, July 16, 2008

soft foods

So I've been able to "eat" again for 2 days, and I'm already over it :) Ok, to be fair I haven't exactly branched out yet. I've basically had eggs and cheese. Don't get me wrong - I'm glad to have them. And I have a whole list of other things I need to try. It's just inconvenient. It's hard for me to be patient enough with this thing. Dr. E says that my pouch is still swollen and needs mushy foods only to help it heal. And I believe him, I just.....am anxious. To see results, and to be released from all of these food restrictions. (There are some lifetime food restrictions involved, obviously, that I came to terms with long ago. )

I think I'm tired tonight, and that's contributing to my frustration. I spent most of the day playing games with my friend Theresa and her awesome son Cameron, then went to the pool and played games with some other friends. So while it wasn't exactly a stressful day :), it was full.

I'm leaving for Lynchburg in the morning - my sister and my favorite kid in all the land are coming. I'm excited to get to see them for a few days. The favorite kid, by the way, turned 18 months old today!

Ok, I can't come up with anything worthwhile to say so I'll sign off for tonight. Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!

No comments: