Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thunderstorms and Dishwashers

Is there a more comforting or satisfying sound than a running dishwasher? Of course mine is so loud you can't hear anything else..... still :) It reminds me that I actually DID SOMETHING AROUND THE HOUSE. Not a strength of mine!

We've had periodic thunderstorms the last few days and I'm loving that as well. They're a double blessing these days b/c I enjoy watching them and when it's not bright and sunny I'm not as sad about the fact that I can't go hang out in the pool.

Plus - tonight I ate oatmeal!!!! It took me about 45 minutes to get the whole bowl down. (I'm using a toddler spoon, which I fill about 1/3 full for each bite) Which is fine except that the oatmeal was cold by the time I got to the end. Which is not quite as yummy as hot oatmeal.... Still, it felt like food and not a protein shake. Isn't it odd that oatmeal is considered a liquid?

When I see Abby next week (yay!) I'm definitely going to be her favorite - as if I wasn't already - because today I bought her....... a Cars t-shirt! It has Lightning McQueen PLUS you can press a button and he says something like "Speed? I am Speed" She's going to love it. Cars - movie, book, whatever - is her absolute favorite.

So, although I've been tired and anti-social today (which was ok, I kind of needed that), when I look back on it, it's been a good one.

1 comment:

Laura: One Day At A Time said...

everybody needs a day like that! i'm glad you enjoyed it. i just talked to you. :) love you and can't wait to see you soon very soon!