Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Attitude adjustment needed

Ok, I just want you all to know that I KNOW I'm being whiny and pitiful over this whole thing.... I've been reading other WLS patient's blogs (I never know if it's ok to link to them or not? What is the proper etiquette there? If someone has posted their link publicly, is it ok for me to link to it? Or should I check with each individual person? Who knows) and they all seem to have so much more of a "This is hard, but it was a good decision and I'm glad I did it" attitude.

So my goal is to work on that. Know that, despite how unhappy I may feel at any given moment, deep down I know that I prayed about this for something like a year before deciding to have the surgery, and then worked for 6 months pre-op to get ready. So I know it was the right decision for me. But I don't handle pain or discomfort well. And I think my hormones may be raging out of control at the moment and making me crazy.

I came back from Lynchburg tonight after 5 days to find that my rent hasn't been paid (I gave them an automated debit form - this happened last August as well. Frustrating) and that the tickets I bought to go to Charleston next week were both for the same day. Surprisingly, I didn't actually want to fly down to Charleston and leave 30 min. later. So I have now doubled the cost of my tickets in change fees. So you can see why I feel cray.

John 16:33
"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are being whiney by the way. It's normal to have frustrations early out! Just turn that into resolve :)

You can ask to post a link, but generally it is accepted that you can post any links that you want from the internet. It's public info when it is posted, so there's no request needed :) people usually like to be linked to!

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you! Hope your trip to Charleston will help you feel better, even with all the hassle and craziness of fee changes. That stinks you had to deal with that on top of how you have been feeling. You are an amazing person speed, you can get through this trying time, I know it! xoxo