Friday, August 22, 2008

Going back to work is tough!

Man this summer of milking my surgery recovery :), sure has made me into a lazy fool. These two days back at school have left me exhausted! I had another good day today, getting a lot of stuff done. Isn't it amazing, though, how no matter how much you get done it just makes you realize how much more there is to do? Last night I was in bed by 8, but back up around 12:30 and restless. So tonight I'll try to go to bed at a grown-up time, not a toddler time. ;) (Abby and I went to bed at the same time last night)

I did have an exciting moment this afternoon. As I was unpacking my boxes, I found a few things that belonged back at my old school. So after work today I stopped by there to return them. The three people that I talked to all immediately said, "Wow! You look great!" and noticed my weight loss. Although my good friends and family, who I see regularly, tell me they can tell I've lost weight, I'm still not seeing it. Or feeling it. So it was exciting to feel like yes, my weight loss is actually noticeable. So maybe something really is happening here. Eventually I may even need new clothes. Like when I've lost 100 pounds and go down 1 size. Kidding, of course. At 65 pounds lost, I'm already down 1 size. So probably by the time I get to 100 pounds lost I'll be down 2 sizes.

I can't remember what else I wanted to say tonight - or a picture that I could add. Maybe Monday I'll take a picture of my new classroom for you. Now THAT will be exciting for sure!

No comments: