Friday, August 22, 2008

More Phil info :)

I got a message from someone who found my blog looking for Phil Stacey info. Which is cool and makes me feel famous :) Anyway, even though I don't know a ton about him, I do have what could be referred to as a "stalkerish" personality. So, just in case there are any others out there like me, I thought I would record all of the details of my brush with "phame". (I know, that was incredibly clever of me, wasn't it? Witty, witty, witty)

I was sitting in my seat, watching the people get on the plane when I saw a guy sitting on the aisle two rows up talking to a guy walking back, shake his hand and say "good to meet you". I assume that the guy in the aisle is going to sit in the empty seat next to him and they're getting to know each other, but he doesn't. For some reason, this interested me and so I continued to watch to see if they were somehow business associates traveling together just meeting, but they didn't speak again. (It never occurred to me that one of them was phamous! - there I go again) So the guy in the aisle moves on, but someone is in his seat. He's super nice about it, saying "I think this is my seat, but I can sit back here - whatever works for you." There's someone else who's mixed up with seat assignments in the row behind them and so they trade "I can sit either place"s for a while until Phil settles into that row and the other guy moves back a row. So he has two seats to himself and proceeds to sleep for the rest of the flight. Near the end of the flight, when the flight attendant sits down next to me to prepare for landing, she tells me who he is. When we land, he gets out is iPhone and makes a call telling someone that he's in Atlanta, and I get in line behind him to get off the plane. While we're standing in the aisle the overhead bin pops open and almost knocks him in the head. (He's tall - I was safe) He gives me a "what the heck?" look and smiles. I say my one line to him - "Did it get you?" So I followed him off the plane, where he met up with two other guys from the plane carrying big guitar cases. They went into the electronics store just past the gate and I quit stalking him and went to catch my next flight. Other than that one guy on the plane, who he was very nice to, I never saw anyone approach him.

So there it is. Full evidence of what a stalker I am, out there for the whole internet world to see!

2 comments:

wtgm3 said...

Here I am again to comment on your latest entry concerning Phil, lol. I know that his other Philnatics will get a kick out of your story. And the "ph" attached to words came from his "phans," including his own dad, Pastor Gary Stacey from Hendersonville, TN, who once had taken it upon himself to write a whole paragraph, or something like that, once with all words with "f" changed to "ph." Those 2 guys with guitar cases were his band members that accompany him on his appearances. On occasions, he will have a full band; but at appearances like the Grand Ole Opry, he is accompanied by the house band, with those same 2 guitarists as part of that band. When you saw him, he was just coming from one appearance in South Carolina, I believe. His schedule had him appearing in N.C. once and in S.C. twice. He is slowly but surely making a name for himself, to where soon he will be approached by many, I'm sure.:-)He has already had people come up to him and his wife. Like I mentioned in my previous reply, check out his music myspace, and I invite you to even check out his fan site that I am an assistant manager on: http://groups.msn.com/PhilStaceyFanSite .:-)

Catherine said...

That's funny! I saw Elliott Yamin in Richmond circuit court a week or so ago! He wandered into courtroom 307, looked around, and then left. Ahhhh, my brief brush with fame!