Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Olympics Begin!

So, obviously, clearly, no duh! - I'm not an athlete. Nowhere close. I don't pretend to be, nor do I play one on TV, film, or radio. The fact that I'm still painfully hobbling around two days after I first went back to weights at the gym is clear evidence of this.

Still.

Michael Phelps swims four times faster than me. Four times. So picture this. Mike and me hit the pool. We dive in. By the time I get to the other side, he's already done two whole laps - up and back, up and back. And he's not even breathing hard. Wow.

Another thing about swimming - you know swimming is way slower than running. Obvi. But even with Olympic-caliber swimmers, the judges or whoever they are just walk alongside the pool beside them.

So my biggest dilemna of these Olympic games - besides how late should I stay up watching them? - is this. And it's a doozie. Can I cheer for the USA basketball team? Obviously, I should. I love basketball. It's my country. The country's all excited about them. But...... then there's that coach. (If you are somehow unaware of who it is, he strongly resembles a rat. His last name starts with a K and has three times as many consonants as vowels. And he coaches a college team that rhymes with Puke) I really, really, really can't stand that man. I could give a whole tirade on why, but I won't. But suffice it to say, it's a whole whole whole whole lot. As much as I want to cheer for the USA, it's going to be soooooooooooo hard for me everytime I see him over there. *sigh*

Last beginning-of-the-Olympic games thought: I love gymnastics. I always wanted to be a gymnast. I loved doing gymnastics and dance when I was little. I think I quit because I got fat. Also, I was lazy. I know when I lose some of this weight, I'm going to take dance classes again. Do you think they offer gymnastics classes for grown-ups?
You can picture me doing this, right? ;)

No comments: