Thursday, June 26, 2008

Africa update

Ok, I feel terrible that I have missed two days of updating on the A-team's progress. Somehow my days just got away from me! I thought I had left their schedule in Charleston, but I just found it. So I've been praying for them in a very general way. They spent the last two days in Nairobi working with Franklin. (I don't know who Franklin is, btw) Tuesday it says they were working in the Mukuru slum, and yesterday just says ministry in Nairobi, so I don't know what exactly they were doing. Tuesday's prayer topic was slums, and Wednesday's was workshop.
I'm not going to post all of the verses from those days but Tuesday's verses were Romans 10:17 and Isaiah 55:11. Wednesday's were Acts 19:11-12, Zephaniah 3:14-21, and Isaiah 58:11. You'll notice several of those verses are repeats from before.

Today began the "touristy" part of their trip. They were scheduled to spend the afternoon at the Masi Mara Game Park on a safari and game drive and spend the night at the Masi Mara Safari Lodge. Tomorrow morning brings another game drive and the thing I've been the most excited about - I'll tell you tomorrow :)

Today's prayer topic was debrief as the team begins to process their trip.

Hebrews 4:14-16
"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without sin."

Ephesians 1:15-19
"For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation , so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe."

Today I am praying that, as the team reflects on the ministry portion of their trip, they will see how God has worked through them. I also continue to pray for stamina and safety as they approach the two weeks gone mark. I can't wait until they get home!

I'm off now to my last pre-op class. Less than a week to go and I'm getting a little nervous about the fact that I'm about to make a FOREVER change......

No comments: