Friday, June 27, 2008

The Carnivore!

So today, after an early morning game drive, the A-team hit the "World Famous Carnivore restaurant" (as described in their itinerary). Among other things, on the menu are zebra, giraffe, impala, wildebeest, and crocodile. All of the meat is cooked on a big open-air pit in the middle of the restaurant, and waiters walk around with the meat on swords, carving off pieces for diners. I can't wait to hear about it! It's a set price for an unlimited amount of food, so I'm hoping they tried lots of exciting things :)

Tonight the team left Africa on an overnight flight to London. I'm wondering how they're feeling about leaving - are they sad? ready to head home? excited about touring London? or too tired to feel anything? Thier prayer topic today was fly. (Seriously, I think the topics are getting a little weak here towards the end of the trip ;) ) I don't think that they want us to pray for the little bugs - yuck! - so I'm assuming that what they meant by that was for safe travel.

Psalm 18: 1-2
"I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

I prayed for safe travel today,but also that the team wouldn't be too tired to enjoy and take advantage of the more touristy things that they are getting the chance to do today.

No comments: