Sunday, June 29, 2008

On the way home!

Mom and Dad arrive back in the states in about 5 hours!!!!!! I can't wait to see them again. I'm going to ride up to Dulles and surprise them at the airport.

Speaking of, I didn't post about their trip yesterday because I ended up being away from the house ALL day long. I got up, went to the store, made Shelly's Beef Fiesta Bites (Wow - so good), and headed up to an OH BBQ/Meet and Greet in Fredericksburg (more on that later) I came back into town and went straight to Capital Ale House to hear my friend's band, Sloth Loves Chunk. So I got home at 2 a.m. But here's the scoop on the A-team yesterday;

They arrived in London about 7 a.m. and spent the day touring. I hope they managed to get some sleep on the flight over so that they could enjoy their day. London is such a cool place! Then, about 10 a.m. London time (5 a.m. our time) they left for the U.S. They are scheduled to arrive at Dulles just after 2:00 this afternoon. The prayer topic for both days was safe travel.

Psalm 91:9-12
"If you make the Most high your dwelling - even the LORD, whi is my refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."

So my prayers today obviously were for safe travel, continued stamina, and prayerful reflection for the team.

Welcome home, A-team!

No comments: