Saturday, June 14, 2008

And they're off!

Well, Mom and Dad left for Africa this morning. I talked to them right before they left. They had gone up to McDonalds to get Mom's Coke (which they do every morning) and the manager knew they were leaving for Africa today so he gave them a free breakfast ;) Um, yeah. They go there a lot. My mom loves her fountain Diet Coke. I don't know what she's going to do without them for the next two weeks... They had to be at the church to leave at 10 this morning. When I talked to my mom, she said they had to be at the church in 25 minutes (They live 10 minutes away. 12 minutes tops) and Dad was pacing the floor.

They hadn't been gone 2 hours when I wanted to call Mom! My gym's new facility opened today and I went over there to swim and WOW. It's amazing. Huge and fancy and unbelievable. I was thinking that when I left I needed to call Mom and tell her about it and then I realized....I can't talk to her for two weeks. Sad :(

Their flight leaves D.C. around 6:30 tonight and they fly overnight to London, then on to Kenya tomorrow and from there to Uganda. They will be traveling for something like 40 hours!!!!!!!! So, today's prayer topic is travel.

Psalm 20:4-5
"May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God."

Romans 15:5-7
"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

My prayers today were for things to run smoothly with the travel arrangements and for endurance and patience for the team. I don't know most of the team very well, but I know my dad is very calm and patient - when he's in charge. He's not in charge here so if something goes wrong and he's not the one fixing it, that could be hard for him. (He and I share this trait, by the way) But a trip that long is stressful on everyone, even if things do go well. They will need God's endurance for sure.

No comments: