Sunday, June 22, 2008

A-team leaves Gulu

I talked to Mom today! She called a few minutes before we left church, so we called her back and Kay and I both got to talk to her.  She said Africa was different than anything she would have imagined.  She said the people there were loving and proud - and that the little kids cried when they saw white people because they weren't used to seeing them.   She said that she missed talking to us.  She also said that most of their meals were goat and liver cooked over an open flame.  Yum.  I bet Mom comes back thinner than when she left....

I didn't get to talk to her about where she was now or what they had done today (when I talked to her, we mostly talked about how lucky I was to be hanging out with Abby), but according to the schedule they were going to church in Gulu this morning, where Rodney was preaching, and then flying back to Kampala.  So today's prayer topic was Rodney's preaching.

Proverbs 3:5
     "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding"

Exodus 14:13
     "Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid.  Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today.  The Egyptians you see today you will never see again."

So today my prayer was that the team will continue to lean on the LORD and to trust in him in all that they do, including Rodney's sermon.

No comments: