Monday, June 16, 2008

"Slums"

Today's Africa prayer topic was slums. My sister made fun of the prayer calendar because something like every other day the topic was "slums"

Proverbs 2:6-11
"For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth comes knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones."

Colossians 2:1-3
"I want to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

I haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm trying not to worry - I'm sure they just haven't had the time to send us an update. Still, I hope to hear from them soon. So my prayers today centered around safety for the team. However, I did also pray for the people who live in the slums of Kampala, where they were working today with the Good News team. My prayer for them today is that "they may know the mystery of God" and that Mom and Dad's presence there helps them come to that understanding.

I checked out of my classroom today - I am officially no longer a kindergarten teacher!!

No comments: