Monday, June 23, 2008

A-team to Nairobi

While I am loving every minute of my last day here in Charleston with Abby, especially our trip to the beach this morning, Mom and Dad and the team spent one last day ministering in Kampala before leaving on a quick evening flight to Nairobi.  Today's prayer topic is safe travel.

The first verse listed is Psalm 17:15-18.  Unfortunately, Psalm 17 only has 15 verses.  So I'm not sure what the correct reference is. But, since "all scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16), we'll just go with Psalm 17:15
     "And I - in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness"

Jeremiah 24:6-7
     "My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land.  I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them.  I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD.  They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart."

So my prayers today are for safe travel and continued energy and enthusiasm for this ministry.  I pray that the people they  meet will see God's likeness in the team, and know that it comes from God.  I want the people to look at the team and not see some nice Americans come to help them out, but to see a gracious, loving God who can do all things.

No comments: