Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I can't talk to my Dad this Father's Day, since he's on his way to Africa, but Happy Father's Day to him anyway!

I had a great day today -went to church, went to the gym, then two of my friends from Charlottesville came up and we went out to lunch and I unloaded bunches of my Kindergarten stuff on them since I don't need it anymore :)

Mom and Dad should be landed in Africa by now, according to the itinerary, although it is after midnight there. Today's prayer topic was long day.

Psalm 41:2
"The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes."

Jeremiah 24:6-7
"My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart."

My prayers for them today were for patience and endurance, but focused mainly on safe travel. I'm anxiously awaiting our first email update so that we know they have arrived safely!

Tomorrow I will finish packing up my classroom and say good-bye to that huge chapter of my life.... I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: