Saturday, June 21, 2008

home visits

Today the A-team spent their last day working in Gulu.  They leave tomorrow for Kampala.  Today's prayer topic is home visits, so I assume that's what they're doing.

James 1:27
     "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Zechariah 2:10-11
     "Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion.  For I am coming, and I will live among you, declares the LORD.  Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become my people.  I will live among you and you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me to you."

Today also marks the halfway point of their trip.  So in addition to praying for the work they are doing, I am praying for stamina for the team.  Having been there a week, I can imagine that they are missing home and getting tired, but it still seems like a long trip in front of them.  

The baby will be up soon - Kay and Bruce have left to run errands and I'm baby-sitting.  I can't wait for her to wake up :)

No comments: